Annual Service Auction
Details for 2017
This year will be our 39th Annual Service Auction. The theme is James Bond 007. Please join us Saturday, November 11, 2017, for an evening of fundraising, food and fun!
The Auction (both Silent and Live) is our largest fundraiser and our biggest social event of the year. Members and friends can contribute by donating items, attending the Auction, and of course making purchases at the Auction.
Please note: The donation deadline is Sunday, October 29th!
Donations: The auction doesn’t happen without donations from members and friends. You can offer to host an event yourself or with others (as most do), provide a service, donate a tangible item, or solicit a donation from a business you frequent.
- Events: Event offerings can range from elegant themed affairs (African or Mediterranean dinners, Roaring 20s Cocktail party) to the more casual (Soup Supper, Pizza on the Beach, or a Family Game Night). We encourage events for families, as well as low-cost events — anything goes. It’s the company that counts. (Note: We require a date for all events. To avoid conflicts with a church event or an event already submitted, please check our Event Calendar.)
- Services: Apply your talent or time to provide a service that others can purchase. These might include: babysitting, homemade pies or meals delivered to the purchaser), music lessons or yard work.
- Tangible Items: In this category we encourage events tickets (such as ND or concert tickets), handmade items (including food items), and unique new or gently used items (pottery, paintings, etc.). Please Note: Most of these items will be included in our Silent Auction.
- Business Donations: We encourage everyone to solicit donations from local businesses you frequent. These donations might include event tickets, gift certificates, merchandise, passes, etc. Before you ask for business donations, please download the Business Donation Receipt. When a business gives you a donation, you can then complete the form and pass it on to them so they have documentation of their donation (for tax purposes).
If you need more ideas, suggestions for potential event co-hosts, or answers to specific questions, please contact:
- Auction Chair: Kathy Platt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
- Silent Auction Coordinator: Alice Bentley (email@example.com)
How to Submit a Donation
Online: This year you can submit your donation(s), and any business donations you obtained, online via the website of our new auction software vendor (Community Auction Services). When you click on the link you will be sent to the login page for our Auction. www.communityauctionservices.com/register/fusb2017
- Please note: When you first go to the site you will be asked to put in your email address. A password will then be sent immediately to that email address from Community Auction Services. After retrieving that password you will be able to access the site using the “Existing Users Login” and your new password. You can then click on the “Register” or Donate an Item” button. – For planning purposes, we do encourage you to register also, especially those needing child care. – You can go back to this site as often as you want to donate more items.
In print: Simply click on the link below to print out a paper version of either the Live or Silent Auction donation form.
Please review and/or print our 2017 Service Auction FAQ’s.
General Service Auction Information
Every November members and friends of First Unitarian Church gather for an fabulous evening of fine dining, fun, and fundraising. Each year a theme is chosen and guests are encouraged to get in on the fun by dressing accordingly.
The highlight of the evening is the chance to bid on beautiful items, helpful services, and exciting events held throughout the year which are hosted by other members. These opportunities allow for people to get to know each other beyond the church environment and provides for some unique and enjoyable experiences. Popular items may include game nights, movie nights, homemade treats made just for you, weekend getaways and so much more!
Don’t miss the social event of the year! Ask a member of the church for more details. Volunteers are always welcome to help plan the party and submit items for bidding.